Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pittsburgh

Thank you all for your concern over Jonathan's health. The day after I posted the last post, his fever broke and we were able to head out to lake Michigan for one final day of cycling. We camped right on the lake which was absolutely beautiful. The water was warm and the waves were huge... it was absolutely perfect after a day on our bikes. The next day we were in the van, on our way back down to Ohio. 160-ish miles later, we arrived in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania where we are now staying with Jonathan's brother and sister in law. Cranberry Twp is right outside Pittsburgh where we are scheduled to have a media appearance or two to get the word out. Speaking of that, while in Chicago we were featured in the Northbrook Star newspaper... check it out! While here in Pittsburgh, we are also hoping to check out some of the city's bike paths for fun. We will then be moving on to central PA.
I was on the phone with my mother yesterday and she said "see you next weekend in Delaware." I was shocked to realize that in less than two weeks this whole journey will be complete. It's hard to fathom how such a long trip can end so quickly and I think we are all craving to see the Atlantic Ocean and simultaneously dreading it. This is our final push, both in terms of cycling and fundraising, make every step count!

7 comments:

Anna B said...

so so so so so so proud!

Rantipole15 said...

So glad that Jonathan is better! And I can't believe you're in PA already. Must be bittersweet for you guys. Keep on truckin'! ... except on bikes. You know what I mean.
~Bep

Sue said...

I agree with Anna -- we are SO very proud of what you've done and how extraordinarily well you've done it!

It was fantastic to see you in Michigan (3 of you anyway) and I'm glad Jonathan is back in the swing of things.

Take care these next days, and we can't wait to see at the party on the Atlantic on August 23rd!

Love to all four!

Mom

Anonymous said...

So exciting! ENjoy your final weeks of the trip!

And you're not coming anywhere near the DC metro area are you? Had to check :-)

Unknown said...

Hey Jenny and Jonathan! This is Suzanne. I was just talking about you guys with some of my friends who are cyclist and are visiting me in Boston. I wanted to let you know that I have been praying for you this summer. I was sorry to hear that Jonathan is sick. I hope he is doing better. I am writing b/c I am also interested in possibly joining you for the end of your tour or some little part of it if it works out! I at least would like to cheer for you as you ride in to Boston. When will you be riding in? Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help! May God give you endurance and strength through the end or your journey.

Love,
Suzanne

Kyle and Bethany said...

Greetings to the Tour for a Cure Crew,

I send word from sunny Chicago, IL, where Kyle and I are preparing to leave for Zambia. I wanted to make sure that you knew...I have not yet made phone contact with any of you. Thanks for your support and kindness. We are blessed to know you guys and so proud of all your hard work. Miss you friends and will miss you more when I am away. Make sure to get on skype when things calm down :).

love and blessings,
bams and stob

Dee Gilley said...

Hi again!

So glad to hear Jonathon has recovered! My week at the lake with Dani's Grandma Jan was a blast, as usual. She is such a great hostess. When it rained, we shopped! Good luck on the rest of your trek! I am so thankful to have had the chance to get to meet such great kids (I know, you are all adults, but I'm 65!) I will miss your stories of your adventures! God Bless! Dee Gilley, Montevideo, MN